- Poo - the suds created while shampooing
- No poo - washing with ingredients that create no suds, like water only, baking soda and apple cider vinegar rinse, clays, soapnuts.
- Low poo - washing with ingredients that create low amount of suds. No sulhaptes, only green surfactants like glucosides, betaines, glutamates, isethionates.
- Full poo - washing with ingredients that create high amount of suds, full strength. Full poo has suphates, silicones, parabens, synthetic fragrances.
When to choose Low poo
- You want a green alternative to generic sulphate shampoos.
- You want less investment of time than as in no poo.
- You want to smoothly transition from full-poo into no-poo, without long periods of greasy hair and scalp.
- You have access to only hard water. No poo products are independent of mineral content of water, unlike no poo.
- You want to have more gap days between washes.
- You oiled/deep conditioned your scalp and now want to get rid of excess grease without using sulphates.
- You tried no-poo and it didn't suit you.
Benefits of choosing low/no poo
- Healthy hair and scalp
- Balanced oil production
- Hair gains its original texture
- Less exposure to irritants, specially for those who struggle with inflammation
- Breaks the vicious cycle of over-stripping and conditioning
- More volume
A healthy scalp is like rich soil, that needs to be taken care of, to grow healthy hair. Natural, nourishing, healthy ingredients is what'll give us natural, nourished, healthy hair.
Low Poo option in our catalog:
Hibiscus & Nettle Clarifying Shampoo