Keratin is the main protein in our skin, hair, and nails. This fibrous protein forms a barrier protection on skin and hair that protects from enviromental damage. Keratin has a natural affinity towards water. It can absorb upto 40% of its weight in water. Once your hair and skin absorbs water, it becomes more elastic and hence is less prone to damage. Silk fibers are too classified as keratins. This is one reason you will find silk protein in many haircare products and skincare products that aim at hydration.
Keratin damaging habits:
- Heat Treatments
- Not using sun protection
- Bleaching hair/skin
- Not rinsing well post-swim
- Using harsh cleansing products.
How to increase keratin
- protein rich food
- Iron and Vitamin C
- Vitamin B
- Products with added Vitamin B5 and other proteins.
Products in our catalog with added protein and B5
- Under eye gel with Plankton Extract
- Resveratrol anti aging gel serum
- Hibiscus and Nettle Clarifying Shampoo
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device