Double Cleanse is basically a 2-step cleansing method.
- The 1st cleanse is with an oil based cleanser.
- The 2nd cleanse is with a water based cleanser.
Your need to double cleanse depends on your lifestyle. Generally, just soap and water is not enough to get all dirt and grime off the face after a long day of work.
Slathering more oil on your face when you’re already battling with grease and shine sounds like a disaster. But, no. We know that like dissolves like. So oil will help to remove makeup, sweat, greasy dirt and any other oil that has accumulated on your skin through the day.
The second cleanser will address your particular skin type or concern and should have ingredients to hydrate, smooth or exfoliate and treat acne.
1st step is cleaning the surface and 2nd step is deep clean.
What are other benefits:
- Double cleansing each evening will also brighten any dullness, ultimately lifting the complexion.
- Starting with an oil cleanser also enables you to avoid over-washing and over-drying your skin.
- It'll make aure that any following serums, moisturisers and night treatments product penetrate and work their magic much more efficiently.